Do you know these about cranes?
A crane is a type of lifting equipment, commonly equipped with a hoist rope, chain, wire ropes, hook or grab etc, that can be used to load and unload items and to transport them horizontally. It is mainly used for moving objects to other places and lifting heavy things. The equipment uses one or more simple machines to make mechanical strength, and therefore, it can moves loads beyond the capability of a human. Cranes are generally used in the workshop, warehouse, garage, workstation, transport industry, construction industry and assembly factory etc. And there are different types of cranes, such as overhead gantry crane, overhead bridge crane, jib crane, and monorail crane etc. Different cranes have different technical parameters, features, advantages, and applications. As a professional crane manufacturer and supplier, we provide all kinds of crane machines with international standards and competitive price.
Overhead Bridge Crane Parameters
- Lifting Capacity: 5~320t
- Span Length: 10.5~31.5m
- Lifting Height: 6~18m
- Working Temperature: -20℃~40℃
- Working Class: A5
- Note: support customized service
Types of Cranes
Overhead crane: An overhead bridge crane consists of running rails with a travelling bridge. It usually moves on a steel structure. Besides, all our cranes have the two controlling methods of manually and remote control. The lifting capacity of our overhead bridge cranes can up to 350 ton, furthermore, we offer customized service to meet all your special requirements.
Gantry crane: An overhead gantry crane is composed of steel structure, electric hoist, and legs etc. There is no need for it to install fixed steel structure. It moves by rubber tired or along the running rails, therefore, it is so flexible and it has a quite large coverage of the working area. As an international gantry crane manufacturer, we design and manufacture gantry cranes according to the actual working conditions, such as our workshop gantry crane, warehouse crane, and garage gantry crane etc.
The Parts of Cranes
Inspection of a Crane
Inspection is so important for a crane, it can greatly avoid the harms of operators,
There are three types of crane inspection: Daily inspection, frequent inspections, and periodic inspection.
Day-to-Day inspection: Inspect the wire rope for damage; Inspect the hook and block for any cracks; Regularly inspect any bumpers for abnormalities; Visually inspect limit switches for damage and test for normal functionality.
Frequent inspection: Operating mechanisms for proper adjustable, unusual sounds and proper operation; Rope and proper spooling on the sheaves and drums; Hoist ropes and end connections according to the International standards.
Periodic inspection: This should include loose, missing bolts, pins or nuts; Cracked, worn or distorted parts; All instruction, function, warning labels, caution or plates for replacement and legibility.
Overhead Crane Safety Training Tips
Serious injuries can happen if bridge cranes are not used and inspected properly. Harms may also occur when operators are not trained enough. The following are several tips of crane safety for overhead crane operators.
- Do not move loads over personnel.
- Avoid swinging of a crane or grab or hook when a hoist or the overhead trolley is travelling.
- Operators should not be engaged in any activity that can divert your attention.
- Avoiding unnecessary quick reversals and inching of direction.
Maintenance of a Crane
Before making any maintenance, the following precautions should be taken.
- The crane should be moved to a place where it will minimize the impact with operations and other cranes in the area.
- All controllers need to be placed in the off position.
- It shall be landed when a load is attached to the crane.
Repair and adjustments
The following list is an example of parts that might need repairs and adjustment.
- Control systems
- Operating mechanisms on the crane
- Function, caution, warning labels and instruction
- Worn or damaged hooks
- Limit devices
Basic Overhead Crane Safety
- Don`t allow anyone to ride on a load carried by a crane hook or a crane.
- Do not try to stop the lifting crane with your body or hands.
- Only qualified or trained enough operators are allowed to use any crane.
- The weight of items that a crane lifting must not over the rated capacity.
- Before moving a trolley or bridge, make sure the hook is high enough to avoid accidents.
Overhead crane safety is so important for operators. As a professional overhead crane manufacturer and supplier, we provide reliable crane safety tips and offer top overhead bridge cranes for customers around the world. Besides, all our cranes are designed and manufactured according to the international standards, with quite high quality and favorable price. Welcome to email us or leave your message below, we will be very glad to answer you as soon as possible.